Aris Allen Black Wingtip Mary Jane Dance Shoes *COSMETIC DEFECT*
- NOTE: THESE ARE ALL COSMETIC DEFECT PAIRS - Most of these are just fine but because quite a few of them have small marks on them they are going straight to discount. If you're ok with that buy now at a deep discount! And yes, they are returnable. Just don't step off the rug until you're sure they fit.
- WARNING: Do not buy these if you are expecting them to be soft like our old Mary Janes. They are not. Usually Aris Allens have no break-in period - absolutely perfect right out of the box. THESE DO have a break-in period. Do not buy these if you have tender feet or injuries that cause you to be sensitive. I have been wearing a pair for a month and they have worn in quite nicely and are very comfortable - but the first few days they were absolutely uncomfortable - you will not want to dance in them for the first week.
- These are women's Wingtip Mary Janes with a perforated toe and heel cup and a very low heel and hard leather sole and heel made just for swing dancing.
- Mary Janes are great dance shoes as they have a strap that allows you to control the fit at your instep.
- NOTE: These are absolutely minimalist (on purpose) and entirely handmade. Wear them only for dancing. They are not made to be worn on the street
- Aris Allen is known for making vintage style swing dance shoes and reproduction models that are more authentic equipment for dancing swing than ordinary ballroom shoes are. Their philosophy being that your dancing will look more authentic if you wear the same style of shoes the inventors of the dance were wearing. And if you can't do that then you'd better be in something comfortable because swing dancing is like running track :)
- Please check the sizing recommendations before placing your order.
- Item #: 428-BK
- The heel is about 1” tall.
- Flat foam footbed.
- The leather sole gives you plenty of slide- and spin-ability. They look close enough to a dress shoe to wear with skirts, but act like an athletic sneaker.
(Our returns show we are right about 90% of the time)
We've found - by trying these on countless dancers - it is best to wear your usual size for a good fit.
- If you're in between two sizes, you may want to go with the larger of the two sizes you usually wear.
- Women with average width feet were very happy with the fit.