Aris Allen Women's Black Canvas & Herringbone Captoe Dance Shoes
Ultra cute women's Black Canvas and Herringbone Captoe Swing Dance Shoes. Reminiscent of early 20th century women’s sport shoes. Constructed in a casual style with an adorable round toe and contrasting stitching and shoe laces.
"My shoes arrived this morning, They are perfect in design and fit. Very quick delivery I am a very happy customer and will recommend to all my dance friends." -Judy K.
- Sizing info: Most of our test dancers fit their regular size. Please check the detailed sizing and width info below.
- Color: Black with herringbone vamp and cap with contrasting grey and black stitching. Black and white sole.
- Shoelaces included: 1 pair of navy and grey, 1 pair of solid black
- Sole: The suede-bottomed sole is incredibly light and flexible - basically: not made for hiking - and should not be worn on the street.
- Heel: Low 3/4” heel
- Footbed: Cloth covered foam
- Construction: These are constructed in a “distressed” fashion. Entirely handmade with raw edges, woven fabric, heavy stitching, etc. These are not dress shoes - the workmanship is done in a casual style by design.
- Weight: Feather-light. These are absolutely minimalist (on purpose). The light weight and low heel gives you incredible agility on the dance floor - perfect for dancers of all skill levels.
- NOTE: This style is also offered for men! Perfect for couples who wear matching outfits, for costuming a dance team, or backup dancers in a stage production..
- Item #: 335-BX
- The heel is almost 3/4” so it looks like an ordinary shoe, but because the shock-absorbing sole is 3/8” your heel is only a little higher than the rest of your foot - which really helps your stability.
- When you wear these you'll feel like a cat - nimble, surefooted, ready to spring into action - but with the slide- and spin-ability that suede soles give you. They look close enough to a dress shoe to wear with skirts, but act like an athletic sneaker.
ABOUT ARIS ALLEN SWING DANCE SHOES:
Aris Allen is known for making vintage style swing dance shoes and reproduction models that are more authentic equipment for dancing swing than ordinary ballroom shoes or sneakers will ever be. Their philosophy being that your dancing will look more authentic if you wear the same style of shoes the inventors of the dance were wearing. At the very least they feel you should be wearing something comfortable because swing dancing is like running track :)
(Our returns show we are right about 90% of the time)
Lace-Up Oxfords make great dance shoes because you can tighten them to perfectly fit your feet.
We've found - by trying these on countless dancers - it is best to wear your usual size for a good fit.
- If you're in between two sizes, you may want to go with the larger of the two sizes you usually wear.
- Because these can be laced to be tighter or wider across your foot our test dancers with average, wide, or narrow feet were very happy with the fit - only a few have reported that they felt narrow - even some of our testers with wide feet said they felt quite comfy. But please note: this is not a wide shoe.
- Our test dancers report that the uppers will stretch a little to conform to your foot.
ABOUT SUEDE SOLES:
- These are made with suede on the bottom that has been sewn onto the sole and heel to prevent you from having to deal with the upkeep that suede usually requires.
- NOTE: Usually we say that suede soles for swing dancers are meant to be worn outside so they get dirty and wet so you can dance faster when they dry to a mirror-like finish. But these are so light that they are almost like slippers - you'll only want to wear them on the dance floor.
- If you prefer them less zippy you can dull the “mirror finish” on the bottom by periodically roughing them up with a wire brush.